• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Is Wells Fargo leaking my info to other site visitors?

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Security Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve_portigal
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Is Wells Fargo leaking my info to other site visitors? Reply with quote

have concerns about an online security issue.

A few weeks ago I posted a story to my blog as follows:

http://chittahchattah.blogspot.com/2004/07/wells-fargo-usability-nightmare.html

and today I got email from someone I don't know - here's the conversation across several emails

----
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:06:57 EDT
Subject: i tried too (lol)
To: steve@portigal.com

I just wanna know where do you get started to set up your account to pay your bill each month? Can you help? I'm getting kinda teed off now, and bill is due. I'm about ready to pay the $20.00 fee for telephone payment now.

Thanks for help
Elizabeth

Ps i got your info.from trying to get into EBPP.WellsFargo.Com/MortgagePay
---

To: Nwriter7@aol.com
Subject: Re: i tried too (lol)

Nwriter7@aol.com wrote:

I just wanna know where do you get started to set up your account to pay your bill each month? Can you help? I'm getting kinda teed off now, and bill is due. I'm about ready to pay the $20.00 fee for telephone payment now.

Thanks for help
Elizabeth

Ps i got your info.from trying to get into EBPP.WellsFargo.Com/MortgagePay

I don't understand - did you find my entry on chittachattah.blogspot.com or did you find something else?

Steve Portigal
http://www.portigal.com

----
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 18:33:01 EDT
To: steve@portigal.com

i found it on wells fargo site. i'm in now. thanks for responding though.

----

To: Nwriter7@aol.com

Sorry to bug you - but you found MY info on the Wells Fargo site? How did that work? Is my info coming up when you try to log in?

Nwriter7@aol.com wrote:

i found it on wells fargo site. i'm in now. thanks for responding though.

-----
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 18:38:24 EDT

Yes, it comes right up. Funny huh
-------------

From what I can tell this person is indicating that when they try to access the system that MY INFORMATION is being presented to them - that's why they were able to contact me for help. I obviously can not verify this is going on from my end, and I realize it's not supposed to be the case, but we do read about this sort of thing happening.

I've contacted Wells Fargo but have very little hope that the right person will see it and be able to conclusively verify or consider this issue!
Mortgages4U
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Wells Fargo :( Reply with quote

Mad I had similar experience also....I registered on the WF site to pay my mortgage and after the whole process....no account would populate then when I did get in....someone else personal info showed...

Ever since I re-financed with WF my good pay history turned hellish Evil or Very Mad ... WF did not pay my my original mortgage for 3 months....meanwhile my original loan demand payment....for over 90 days two banks, demand payments....finally apologies came with but with late fees, late notices to the credit bureaus and foreclosure threats. And every time. I could not get a straight answer or no one knew anything....Can you believe that? It motivated me to go get my mortgage license, so I would not get worked again.

In the process, I discovered a possible illegal practice and I am wondering if this is happening to others? So please post if the following has happened to you and your a Wells Fargo or other institution:

Only after one year of refinancing w/ Wells Fargo. I have been notified that my Mortgage Insurance has expired. Since they have to protect their interests, an insurance policy will be provided for me and it costs more.

If anyone out there has received or been notified please contact me or post.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Security Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: