• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Mac Exchange Issues

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Macintosh

View previous topic :: View next topic  
seph1985
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Mac Exchange Issues Reply with quote

This might be better placed in the exchange section but as its a Mac only problem i think the mac section is a better place for it.

Basically on monday my mac became unable to send any emails through our local exchange server, i get the error message:

Error

HTTP error. Access to the resource is forbidden.

Explanation

Mail could not be sent.

Account name: "Account Name"

Error: -18597

Googling for the error code returns nothing of value, they just mention checking the email address is correct, reinstallation of the OS and of office 2004 did not solve the problem, also of note is that if i log in to the OWA (Outlook Web Access) i get a HTTP 403 Forbiddon error when trying to send any emails.

As for the details of my user account etc, i have Domain Admin level account and i can send and recieve mails from a PC with no difficulty, i had been able to do the same with the mac until Monday and have been unable since then, i have checked the size of the mailbox and checked the restrictions and i am well under the max size, we have 5GB of space left on the main HDD on the server so i don't think its a size issue, i have also checked all of the exchange services and tey are all fine, the mac has been "Bound" to the domain and the option to allow domain admin's to administor the mac has been ticked, the OS is Mac OS X 10.4.3 running on a Powerbook G4.

**edit**

Forgot to mention that the network is a windows network running a Windows 2000 SBS with exchange 2000 SP3.

**/edit**

I can recieve mail perfectly fine through the mac but am unable to send anything through the echange server, i can send through a POP3 account that i have, if i have missed out any information please ask and i will provide it as best i can.

Thanks in advance.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RFmax
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry if I mis-understood it, but I was unclear if you tried your account on a PC after the problem started. It would at least determine whether it was the mailbox or the Apple. As you are having trouble with OWA, I might suspect the mailbox.
seph1985
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah sorry about that, i tried my account on one of our XP systems and it worked fine so i suspect its more a problem with the mac but i can't for the life of me figure out what it is, i've tried reinstalling OS X but that didn't seem to help at all, also did all the office updates and reinstalled office with no luck.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Macintosh All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: