• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

200 ports open??

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News

View previous topic :: View next topic  
copesgrl89
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: 200 ports open?? Reply with quote

I have a local internet company, and recently I have started to get a page that says this...

Anomalous Behavior Detected -- Request Blocked
Your computer was automatically blacklisted (blocked) by the network due to an abnormal amount of activity originating from your connection. It is possible that your computer is infected with a worm and/or virus. Please contact your network administrator for assistance or more information.

When I asked my internet provider all she said was that this message means that my computer has opened over 200 ports to the internet. What does that mean and what can I do to troubleshoot this problem?
Yeprem
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is quite possible your machine has opened 200 different ports. Or, a virus or worm has is flooding from port 200.

I had a client who almost had his Internet connection cut by his ISP until he had that problem fixed. It ended up being a virus/worm that caused the problem.

Try updating your anti-virus and running a Full system scan.
Download Ad-aware, update it and run a full system scan.
Download Spybot Search & Destroy, update it and run a scan. Immunize your system while you are in Spybot.

You might also want to try to run an online virus/malware scan by going to Trendmicro.com and running the online free scan.

If your machine is clear than another on your network is infected.
RFmax
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might suggest going to the SMART team section of the forum and reading the stickies.

They most likely will want you download the application HiJackThis and publish the log in that section of the forum. Then very qualified members will help you ascertain if you have any malware that is creating the problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: