• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Lost Kodicom Password

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Physical Security and Social Engineering

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jobear
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Lost Kodicom Password Reply with quote

I maintain the computer system for a local business. I installed Kodicom Site Version 4.130 several months ago. The owner has changed the passwords several times and has now forgotten what they changed them to.

I tried uninstalling the software and the drivers, and reinstalling them. Obviously the software stores the passwords elsewhere. Any ideas on how to reset the passwords back to default (no password)?
Green Hornet
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Kodicom Passwords Reply with quote

According to their manual, you cannot reset the password. There are several logs in the backup folder on the computer. I believe the folder id "kdb". If there is a password file at the bottom of the file, erase it and reboot.

You can also contact them at:
Kodicom Korea
A-dong 5th floor, SK Twin Tower 345-9, Ga-san dong, Keum Chun Gu, Seoul Korea
+82-2-545-6812 Phone
+82-2-579-8419 Fax
sales@kodicom.com

Tell them you bought a used system. After you get the password changed, give your customer access to level 2 or 3 with a simple password and access to everything but passwords. Keep level one for yourself and your password.

Hope this helps.
Venery
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem on a site I had 14 DVRs but they some how changed the password of one.

After being left without solution. I used installrite which is a free on a system with known pass to take a snapshot of system. Then i logged in and changed the password of diginet. Closed diginet and examined the changes. Making a installation packet with those changes and installing it on system with lost password solved the problem.

I can mail you my installation but without any warranties Smile use at your own risk.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Physical Security and Social Engineering All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: