• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Kodicom 4400R - Diginet 4.11 - Can't open Port

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Software

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ut_ck
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Kodicom 4400R - Diginet 4.11 - Can't open Port Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new here, I'm running Windows XP on an Athlon 3700+ (HP Media box). I can run the software all the capture ports are working, I can capture video no problem.

However,

When I start the Diginet Site program, it always complains that it can't open port. I' strictly on a LAN and I can share files with two computers on that LAN. I've allowed internal sharing across my LAN.

Could it be that this software requires a COM port ?

My HP does not have COM ports, will I have to purchase a PCI-Serial card ?

Anyone response from someone who has experienced this problem and resolved it, would be appreciated.

Regards,
CK
Groovicus
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be more inclined to guess (and it is just a guess) that it needs another port open. Maybe if you could post the exact error message? I can't see anywhere that specifies a com port.
ut_ck
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Groovicus,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. The DiginetSite software has a setup button and a search button. Within the setup component, under the System Setup tab, to the right there is a place to set the PTZ (Pan-Tilt-Zoom), the options are COM1 or COM2. There is no unused option for PTZ. This seems to insinuate that it requires a serial COM port. This is what leads me to believe that I may have to get a PCI-serial card for my PC.

Regards and thanks,
CK

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Software All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: