• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Certified Ethical Hacker Qualification

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Security Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ledgejigsaw
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Certified Ethical Hacker Qualification Reply with quote

Hello Everyone

I have recently spotted this course advertised in various places around the web.

I am living in the UK at the moment and I am looking at trying to get this qualification. I was looking for different companies that offer this qualification and locations of the training. Any Ideas??

Has anyone taken this course? If so what did you think about it and did you think that it was value for money.

Or do you know anyone that has taken this course? if so what did they think about it

Oh and before anyone posts it, I have tried Google.
psuedo
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in Western Australia and quite a few places here offer that course.

Let me know if your interested in coming to sunny WA to study...
xathras
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hiya dudes, did you get round to find any good places to look into certifications. I am currently searching all over the net at the minute, but no sure whats good and what isn't
2bitwannabe
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Certified Ethical Hacker Qualification Reply with quote

ledgejigsaw wrote:
Hello Everyone

I have recently spotted this course advertised in various places around the web.

I am living in the UK at the moment and I am looking at trying to get this qualification. I was looking for different companies that offer this qualification and locations of the training. Any Ideas??

Has anyone taken this course? If so what did you think about it and did you think that it was value for money.

Or do you know anyone that has taken this course? if so what did they think about it

Oh and before anyone posts it, I have tried Google.

Look @ Training Camp UK
I am taking this course in approx 4 weeks time so I've provide feedback later during or following the course
Dean
BlueRinse
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how did the C|EH course go 2bitwannabe?

A couple of my colleagues went on the Training camp one and said they were a little disappointed with the lack of hands on stuff, and the fact they just went over a load of hacker tools.

I've just booked myself on an OPST course http://www.isecom.org/projects/opst.shtml which was recommended to me by our resident Penetration tester at the place I work. I will be going on it next week and will feed back.
2bitwannabe
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm off on the course on Sunday,
I'm interested by what you say of lack of hands on stuff could you please explain?

I've also heard of it focusing on Tools somewhat however i hope to take more courses to expand my knowledge with some other uk certifications like CSTA,CSTP,CFIA

Talk to you guys soon

Dean(aka 2bitwannabe)
BlueRinse
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My colleague said that the lab that was used by trainingcamp was just a bunch of pc's with the tools on so you could run them and see example outputs. Mostly it was a lecture on how the tools worked.

I'd be interested to hear your feedback too!

Last edited by BlueRinse on Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
2bitwannabe
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: C|eh Reply with quote

Hey Guys

Well I'm in Day 2 of C|EH Course and I can see what your resident Pen Tester was refering to a tool based format however I have found this extremely useful to compliment my previous reading on Pen Testing Methodologies (osstmm)

I will provide an update at a later date

Cheers
Dean(2bitwannabe)
BlueRinse
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya,

I've just come back from the OPST course - it was good fun, I learnt a lot, and with a class of 3 we had good student/teacher time.

They started off with Ethical policies, touched on legal issues (at my insistent questioning Smile ), then jumped into Business Intelligence, Network Discovery and Enumeration (OS finger printing etc), port scanning and application probing, application/network exploitation, passed through a quick explaination about how exploits are written (the difference between the different type of overflow exploits), finished off with a brief brush with firewalls and then onto a four hour exam! (I get the results in 2-4 weeks).

At all points through the course, we had access to the University of Barcelona's hacking test network, and for the exam had to basically enumerate, fingerprint, probe and generally map totally a mini network provided.

I should really pay for the CEH exam online soon befor eI forget it all!
bdognet
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: I took the class from the Infosec Institute Reply with quote

http://www.infosecinstitute.com/

Best class I ever took. Tim Singletary is a great instructor & Jack Koziol who runs the company wrote the book on exploiting Shellcode. These guys rock. I passed the CEH, but more importantly, I learned a ton.
OliviaSSLGuru
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: RE: CEH Qualification Reply with quote

Hii,
I did my Certified Ethical Hacking course from US last year. Its a very interesting field - if you are really interested in it. We were taught all the levels of hacking, even hacking into secured ssl certificates. The job is good and it has a pretty good future. Go for it if you are really interested.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Security Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: