• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

importing mac to windows

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Macintosh

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gohån
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: importing mac to windows Reply with quote

i have a big folder, programmed in a language called 'lasso'. it was done on an apple mac and i am trying to run it in windows on an apache server with sql 5. however the problem i have is that the mac puts a '/' on the front of a path name.

for example: Include('/_code/dataImport.inc');

i believe that windows doesnt recognise this and it needs to be in the format : Include('_code/dataImport.inc');

is there a way of changing the code without going through the whole folder and changing it all? (there is alot of it!)

i have searched the net but cant find anything on this. i also have the same problem with the database because there are fields in it which have the '/' infront of the path name.

any help would be much appeciated. thx.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
moondoggie
Lurker
Lurker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if this is running tiger OS, there is a tool called automator which can script something like that for you.
Sherman Homan
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gohan, did you have any luck with this? moondoggie is right, the Automator will quickly and easily do a find and replace for you. I was also interested if you tried to run Lasso on the windows machine with the forward slash...Let us know!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Macintosh All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: