• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

AOL XP Conflict ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mayfly
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: AOL XP Conflict ? Reply with quote

I've been with AOL for many six - seven years without any major problems.
Several days ago I upgraded my computer memory and installed a more up to date version of XP.

Now AOL keeps freezing or kicking me off altogether.
I've re-installed drivers and run a zillion spyware, malaware checks, including all of AOLs own 'one click' fixes.
Nothing works.
I've been told that it could be a conflict between AOLs spyware and the XP spyware and I should turn off the AOL spyware.

Is this good advice ?

What other options are there ?

Extrmely grateful for any help.
mayfly
Strike Team
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: AOL XP Conflict ? Reply with quote

mayfly wrote:
I've been told that it could be a conflict between AOLs spyware and the XP spyware and I should turn off the AOL spyware.

Only way to find out is to try it and see. A lot of PC PC fault-finding is intelligent trial-and-error. You think of a likely cause of the problem, then do an experiment to see if it is indeed the cause.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: