• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Diagram of Chinese Hacker Network

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Computer Forensics and Incident Response

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heike
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Diagram of Chinese Hacker Network Reply with quote

I created a diagram of the Chinese Hacker network, also known as the Red Hacker Alliance, and was wondering if security experts found it useful. I am just a linguist and have very limited knowledge of the tech side. This information is taken from their web sites, so it would be great to have some insight from people who actual understand if it has utility. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
jumperinthedoor
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very interesting information but impossible to read as a screenshot. Can you maybe post your .anb files or the raw data from your spider?

I read your book the other day and thought is was really cool stuff. It would be interesting to know how you collected this information. Did you write your own spider to follow all of the links?

Great work!
Heike
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words. I actually did it manually by following all of the links and then input the data into I2 notebook. I had to make sure that the links only went to other hacker sites and not to something else. They had links going to some sites that were outside of the organization. Took quite a while to get through it. Along with the data collected on the site I added their e-mail contact, qq number, IP address...etc.
jumperinthedoor
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I can't imagine doing all that manually. If you want to update this, let me know and I'll write a spider for you to follow the links and then we can make an import spec for I2 that will import all of the output from the spider.

Is the direction of the link indicated in the chart?
hnprabhu
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it require to have a multilayered architecture to hack systems ?

This site looks like a fishing site to me

regards

Prabhu
Heike
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: How to attach Reply with quote

Jumper,

Thanks for the offer but I'm pretty much done with mapping the network. I wish I had the skills you did to design a spider to crawl those sites. I had to move from one to the next and check their links.

The links are mutual, simply showing their connection. For example, I started at Chinese hacker web site Hackbase followed its links to all known sites that fit the definition of a "hacker" web site and then recorded those downlinks. Then checked to see who the downlinks connected to and recorded that data. This in my mind is a peer-to-peer network so you see a lot of cross linking.

If you can tell me how to attach a file here, I can at least give you a reader version of the I2 file. It is not the one with all of the internal data (email, qq number, contacts...etc) but it does show all of the web sites included.
jumperinthedoor
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of posting your research here, I'll just send an email to admin@ on your website. Then maybe you can just email the .anb file to me.
Heike
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: I2 and Chinese on Youtube Reply with quote

Jumper,

Be happy to, just send an e-mail to me and I'll send it over. Also, I was looking around yesterday and found some interesting video on the Chinese Youtube (Youku.com) of hackers showing instructional videos. I posted them on my website and while they are in Chinese they are pretty self-explanatory.
They take you through the programs click-by-click. Don't know if you are interested in that sort of thing but I found it interesting that they were venturing out into new methods of training.
jumperinthedoor
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, cool. The first one (in addition to creating dictionaries) also does the login scanning. You can see the options on the main window where you can scan http/html form/smtp/netbios/etc.

I downloaded some of the tools from hackervip. One of the tools (an xss scanner) had a backdoor in it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Computer Forensics and Incident Response All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: