• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

The best Internet Security Suite

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Software

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leecopp10
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: The best Internet Security Suite Reply with quote

HI,
I was wondering if anyone can tell me what The best Internet Security Suite is at the moment for 2008. because i hav norton but i feel like a change and there does seem to be alot out their. which i dont know how good they are compared to norton.

so if anyone could help me with this, i'd really appreciate it

thanks
digiseg
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zone Lab Internet Security Suit is best. it is less resource hungry, great tripple defenc frewall and a great anti-virus, anti-spyware inbuilt. ZonAlarm 7 detects n automatically repairs malicioud code, spyware, viruses etc. Good product bundles in nice pack. a complete solution for stand alon desktop user. gives ~96% protection (which is very good).
judicandus
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi digiseg, vould you please inform us where you got this protection rate of 96% from?

ZoneAlarm 7 is powered by Kaspersky Labs antivirus engine, Kaspersky has a good detectiong rate and is very light.

I'd suggest you take a look at sites like:

http://www.virusbtn.com/ (One of the most important AV analysis companies nowadays)
http://www.av-comparatives.org/ (A comparison made by a german guy , some people question his methods saying they are not clear enough)

As far as firewalls is concerned, I googled this:

http://www.firewall-net.com

I'm not sure how trustable it is but it might be of some help for you.

If you're a private user, I'd suggest you use AVG Free + Avg Antispyware or Spybot or SpywareBlaster + tiny firewall (or another free firewall).

If you really want to buy a solution, I'd suggest you tryout some before buying, here are some suggestions:

Bitdefender Internet Security (Their online scanner is great, not sure about the IS product though, gotta try it out)
Bitdefender TotalSecurity (It went great on desktop PC, It crashed on first computer restart on my laptop though...)
Kaspersky (It's a really good product, very light on system resources, not sure if they have firewall integrated though)
NOD32 (Very light on system resources)
AVG 7.5 Internet Security (Good virus detection, I don't recommend it if you have less than 512 ram, firewall might conflict with some motherboards)
Trend Micro (Worked alright for me but it was a bit too heavy on system resources, In the old days it was better)
F-secure (I personally like it that it has the BlackLight scan engine for rootkits, it is fairly heavy though...)

Others: Panda Internet Security, Avira Premium Security Suite, Avast

All of them have their pro-cons the best thing is to try them out and decide it for yourself Wink

Last edited by judicandus on Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
PhiBer
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All of them have their pro-cons the best thing is to try them out and decide it for yourself Wink

Agreed.

Also, have a read at this article in regards to current day tests and how they are really quite ineffective at testing a product. Regardless, AV software will never be effective at catching 100% of all malware.

In my opinion, a patched Windows XP box loaded with the default Windows XP firewall running Windows Defender and a free anti-virus product of your choice should suffice. It really boils down to patching all applications on your machine, not visiting shady websites, using software such as NoScript with Firefox, and making smart security choices such as encrypting your e-mails and data.
judicandus
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank for the article and suggestion PhiBer!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Software All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: