• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Naughty MSN

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Viruses // Worms

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin Waters
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject: Naughty MSN Reply with quote

I have a few friends' who msn have been spamming me even though they aren't online. With the following message:

Code:
http://www.free-offers-your-clicks.com ;)

At first I thought they just downloaded some annoying msn plugin. But, as it continued to happen and I started noticing the pattern I noticed that it was happening when they weren't even logged in.

I don't know if this is a virus or some bot has their msn username / password.

If anyone has this problem, knows the problem or has a tip/solution please reply

Thank You,
sapperjanko
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with friends also doing this to me.. Now I'm a bit more open minded about these kind of things as i have had one's like this in the past... So I make sure i DO NOT click on them.

At the moment I have been looking around got anything on google on maybe how to remove this problem, but yet so far no luck. But will see be looking.

Tho the only good way that i know of which i did many many years ago is a FORMAT of your computer.

So just to all you MSN ppl out there... DO NOT click ANY what so ever links that your friends send to you. And if they do send you a link, dont be dumb and say, oh its from my friend, i can trust that.. DONT.. Ask ya friend if they just sent you a link, if they so no... WELL DONT TRUST IT..

Everyone just watch who send's you things on msn, you can never be to safe.

EDIT:::

I have came across a Anti Virus scanner by avast! goto http://avast.com/ and download the FREE avast! AntiVirus Home v4... Once downloaded and Installed, it will pop up at the end asking to run a boot time scan... And you must reboot... Click on YES.. this will run the antivirus before Windows every trys to boot up, and should b able 2 remove them files...

(The way some viruses are is that the virus can not be running, therefor cant be removed if it is running, and alot lot virus run in the background so you cant stop them.. The if Windows do not load, it will not start the viruses.. This a good way to remove alot of good things)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Viruses // Worms All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: