• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

what is your choice for internet "anonymously" pai

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Anonymity // Privacy // Spam

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gdhy
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: what is your choice for internet "anonymously" pai Reply with quote

what is your choice for internet "anonymously" paid service?
which one is your choice?
PhiBer
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out Tor.

Edit: Please see thread(s) below for updated Tor browser.

Last edited by PhiBer on Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
gdhy
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was very very very slow when i used it.
what do you suggest?
bhavuk
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use

http://anonymouse.org/
intsecguide
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhiBer wrote:
None. Tor. Free.

Tor was quite slow for me as well. Does the speed depend on whether or not you're acting as a server? ie. Does it speed up the service if you're acting as a server in the network?

Thanks,
Paul
Dan.M
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have an extremely biased opinion on this subject: I run my own anonymizing service (see signature). If you have any questions about it feel free to ask.

Here's some insight into the paid anonymizing service business: Most services don't allow peer-to-peer applications (i.e. Bittorrent) and they also tend to disconnect you if you use up a lot of traffic. They won't say this anywhere on their site so if they don't explicitly say, "we allow peer-to-peer applications" (or something similar) then they probably don't and will likely cut you off or they'll have filters in place to throttle or block these apps.

Another useful tidbit: if you're going to use applications like bittorrent over an anonymizing service make sure that it supports Universal Plug N Play (UPnP). Without it many applications won't work and others will just run really slow (bittorrent).

Here's another big no-no about most anonymizing VPN services: A lot of them will setup your account manually after you sign up (which means you have to wait) and then email you your encryption certificates. Sending private encryption keys via email is like walking around for a day with your social security number clearly written on your forehead. Not only will a copy likely be stored in your email for a long time (possibly forever) but it could easily be intercepted in transit.

FYI: Avoid SecureIX. I've had several new customers sign up recently because their admin is AWOL. I've emailed them myself and gotten no response (its been weeks).

Also: Avoid sites that don't offer a money-back guarantee. You could sign up, wind up with a super-slow service (servers far away) and then have no recourse.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jflattery
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Tunnel Reply with quote

I use a SSH tunnel from a company inter...... alli..... its very fast, even works with my laptop and my Palm
PhiBer
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like a lot of the proxy servers are very slow because of high use. I've tried proxify for basic searching and it seems to work pretty good.

It allows you to remove all cookies, scripts, ads, referrer information, etc. and allows you to start the session in HTTPS.

The paid version allows more interactive content because of higher bandwidth demands. I do wish to mention the fact that by paying, your payment details could be tied to your account in some way, shape, or form and could possibly lead to subpoena action if a court demands records or logs.

Also, FYI - the new Torpark is now called xB Browser but is still pretty slow.
ThePsyko
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always been happy with COTSE

"Professional cpanel based web hosting with shell access, unrivaled private e-mail service, SSH tunneling, web privacy proxies, anonymous remailer interfaces, and more at one low price of just $5.95 per month."

I have had an account with them since their beginning and still use it daily

(obDisclaimer - I am not currently associated with them but was in the past)
Dalt
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try e-Capsule Private Browser. There is embedded anonymous browser module, it works fine..

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Anonymity // Privacy // Spam All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: