• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Security Center Service messed completely...

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Viruses // Worms

View previous topic :: View next topic  
az0000000
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Security Center Service messed completely... Reply with quote

Hello,
Recently I had a “good” virus attack that destroyed boot sector of my hard, disabled and deleted Windows Firewall with Security Center services all together.
After half-day battle I managed to repair boot sector, start Windows successfully and repair start Windows Firewall service.
But even I have googled a lot I couldn’t find the solution to repair start Security Center, and besides, after I fixed Windows Firewall, whenever now I double click on the

Windows Firewall or Security Center service from services list I get the weird error:
“Configuration manager: The specified instance handle does not correspond to a present device”
And the “Change the way Security center alerts me” option that I totally rely on is grayed out and I can’t change settings…
Thanks a lot for solutions.
Regards.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Viruses // Worms All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: