• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Unable to connect to server MSG 18456-Lvl 16-State 1 SQL2000

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Databases

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yeprem
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Unable to connect to server MSG 18456-Lvl 16-State 1 SQL2000 Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a problem logging in to an instance of SQL server 2000. The instance was restored from a backup. The server is running and the application that uses the database on that instance works fine.

When I try to login to it though from Enterprise Manager or Query Analyzer it doesn't work.

Error: Unable to connect to server......
MSG 18456, Level 16, State 1
Login failed for user Domain\Administrator

I've tried 'sa' also but I do not know the correct password. This DB was installed before my time and nobody seems to remember it.

I have looked at some KB articles I found but they all assume that logging on to the instance works and the problem is with the login to a specific database. In my case, I cannot login to the instance at all.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Yeprem

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Databases All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: