• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

sam._ database

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Cryptographic Theory and Cryptanalysis - Internal and Transmission Security

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cp_l0g1ck

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 8:12 am    Post subject: sam._ database Reply with quote

I am using NT workstation 4.0, and I have copied the sam._ database from the repair directory, so I am pretty sure that it is compressed && encrypted, and I have tried the evaluation version of l0phtcrack but I need to brute force it, and in order to do that I need the registered version. What I'm asking is that can you download the sam database from the link provided Sam database
and email me what the admin password || tell me another program that will do it in which I don't have to buy. I can't afford an app right now (just bought some hardware and software).

Thanks in advance,

Help!
hads
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

What are you actually trying to acheive? If you have lost the admin password to your NT box then there is a good util that can be downloaded from here: http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html Its a linux kernel on a floppy that will let you reset the password.

Hope this helps.
cp_l0g1ck

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 9:50 am    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

I have forgotten my NT password and have booted under guest and copied the SAM database out of the repair folder, and I need to get the password out. Your program looks good but the guy said that the latest version corrupts files. Please get the database from my site or tell me another program Smile

cp_l0g1ck
chris
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there

As you said l0phtcrack doesnt find anything with a standard dictionary scan nor with with the modified one

Ive started a brute force here, its trying 700000k/sec and the estimated time is over a day so obviously I cant continue it Smile

If you are still having problems private message me HERE Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hads
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you read the site carefully you will see that the warning regarding file corruption was for an earlier version.

I've used this util before and so have a few other people I know, In my opinion it it the easiest and quickest way -- to retrieve a lost admin password that is.

Smile
cp_l0g1ck

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 2:24 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks that linux boot disk works well, my friend said that it would take an hour when more like it took 5 minutes! Out of interest how did you get l0phtcrack? Did you crack the demo version or did you pay for it or did you download the full version somewhere ( do they deserve money or should be it pirated? )

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Cryptographic Theory and Cryptanalysis - Internal and Transmission Security All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: