• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Enterprise AV / Anti-Spyware opinions sought...

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Viruses // Worms

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePsyko
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Enterprise AV / Anti-Spyware opinions sought... Reply with quote

We are currently using CA eTrust anti-virus w/ PestPatrol enterprise wide. However, it isn't performing as needed and after spending dozens of hours troubleshooting, testing, and being on the phone with tech support, we are looking at new solutions. For our initial stages of research, price is not an option - we are more interested in functionality. Basically, we are looking for centralized administration with minimal interaction on the desktops and daily updates. We have 3 locations and an Exchange server to be managed centrally.
Abbos
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there links between the sites such as VPN's?

We were a firm believer in Trend Micro for nearly 5 years but events in recent weeks have changed this. We recently have been looking at the Avast! set of suites and are planning to evaluate them.

We spent time comparing products and Mcafee and Sophos both went into the bin.
graycat
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can recommend McAfee and it's ePolicy control center.

We use it across 40 odd servers and 250 plus client PC's all spread across 8 to 10 sites with link speeds from 0.5Mb/s up to 15Mb/s with minimal issues.

The newer release of ePolicy is now web driven and a lot easier to use.
PhiBer
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Enterprise AV / Anti-Spyware opinions sought... Reply with quote

ThePsyko wrote:
We are currently using CA eTrust anti-virus w/ PestPatrol enterprise wide. However, it isn't performing as needed and after spending dozens of hours troubleshooting, testing, and being on the phone with tech support, we are looking at new solutions.

I too had this problem with CA and would highly recommend that I.T. people stay away from this product. They spend millions of dollars marketing it but nowhere near that much to actually properly support it and implement the AV/spyware technology correctly.

I have also worked with Panda but have had some issue with them as well. If i were looking at a corporate solution, I would definitely take a look at the offerings of Sophos.
larsmhansen
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like everybody is going in the bitbucket here.

We've be using Symantec for all of our clients as well as internally for a long time, however, with the release of Symantec Endpoint Protection, I don't think we'll be continuing with this product. It's similarities to a beached whale are striking, both in size and performance...

We've been looking at Microsoft ForeFront and will probably take a look at TrendMicro products as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ThePsyko
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We ended up going with AVG Network Edition. So far we have been really pleased with it. The fact that they are in an Eastern European country and only offer support by email makes it difficult to get immediate assistance, but I've found their responses to be thorough and helpful. Once we got it up and running, it out performed CA by far.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Viruses // Worms All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: