• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

unable to get youtube on mac and pc

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Macintosh

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mernith
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: unable to get youtube on mac and pc Reply with quote

I have been unable to get youtube on my iMacG5 and my windows laptop for about a week and a half now. We were getting youtube just fine. Please help me fix it.
Thankyou in advance,
Mernith
larsmhansen
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At home or at work?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mernith
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Can't get YouTube at home Reply with quote

It's weird, we were getting YOuTube just fine and in the last week and a half, nothing. I have been trying to catch up thru forums, etc on what to do. One suggestion was that i needed flash player,but I can't even get to flash player sites to download one. I have a G4 and a G5 Mac. G4 is hard wired to a router and using airport for the G5. Neither computer will get You Tube now. Also have a Windows laptop wireless and it is doing the same thing. Sounds like something to do with the router maybe. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Thanks for replying! Mernith
ryansutton
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like this is a home network. By default most home routers wont block access to any web sites, unless of course you have set this up. To test this, bypass your router and connect one of your computers directly to your modem and see if you can access the sites that you can't get to now.
mernith
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryansutton wrote:
It sounds like this is a home network. By default most home routers wont block access to any web sites, unless of course you have set this up. To test this, bypass your router and connect one of your computers directly to your modem and see if you can access the sites that you can't get to now.

Thanks Ryan, I had a DUH!!!! moment when I realized that the router was the one thing they all had in common. I still don't know how to fix the problem and would love any suggestions. Thanks, Mernith
ryansutton
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mernith wrote:
I still don't know how to fix the problem and would love any suggestions.

As I stated above, try and connect one of your computers directly to your modem and see if you can access the sites you cannot get to now.

Cheers,
Ryan
mernith
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ryansutton"]
mernith wrote:
I still don't know how to fix the problem and would love any suggestions.

As I stated above, try and connect one of your computers directly to your modem and see if you can access the sites you cannot get to now.

Cheers,
Ryan[

/quote]I'm sorry I thought I had said that i did bypass the router and connected computer to modem. It worked great. No problem getting youtube
at all. Now What? Thanks again, Mernith
ryansutton
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mernith wrote:
I'm sorry I thought I had said that i did bypass the router and connected computer to modem. It worked great. No problem getting youtube
at all. Now What? Thanks again, Mernith

Great! It seems you have isolated the problem to something with your router.

What you should do now is log in to your router and check the security settings. If you can't find what is blocking the video, you could always restore the router to it's default settings. If you do this you may need to configure you ISP settings within the router and anything else you previously setup. Let us know if that works for you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Macintosh All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: