• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

HELP! I can't remove 'Win32/Adware.Virtumonde application'

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Spyware // Adware // Trojans Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcyo1234
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: HELP! I can't remove 'Win32/Adware.Virtumonde application' Reply with quote

I use ESET Smart Security Version 3.0.621.0
And Yesterday I Install 'Real Palayer11'
when it finished, ESET Said in Quarantine

Object name : C:\WINDOWS\system32\urqPiHwv.dll
Size : 38912
Reason : Win32/Adware.Virtumonde application
Count : 1 (It's Count Up All Times)

I delete it, then it appear this again and count up
What should i do?
because it make my PC very Slowly
Please Help
Thank You
tikifragalong
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Adware.virtumonde solution - Cyberdefender Reply with quote

Hi there, I wasn't planning on this as my first post, but I saw that it is about the adware.virtumonde virus, which I got and really sucks!!!

OK, I was at work, and my wife was at home and we work looking at some sites together, and ended up infecting both computers with it. I know which site, but won't list it here.

So, on my work computer, I had the upgraded version of Cyberdefender, and ran it and it couldn't do anything. Since I had the upgraded version, I just called Cyberdefender and they got all the information. They said it was a new virus, and would need a day to work on it.

Next day, they had a update out, and I loaded in my system and it work, cleaned it out with no problem.

Now, the home computer cy8-rm00z was an issue. The nasty thing not only takes control of your desktop and browsers, but will force the system to crash if you try to install and run new virus software, not all but most of the big guys. Cyberdefender included.

On my home system I had Symantec anti-virus installed, but it could not find or do anything about adware.virtumonde. Since my browsers were looked, I could not download the newest Cyberdefender which had the fix for this, and I didn't make a copy from work.

Fortunately, I only had windows on the main drive, and I had a fairly recent image, so I just re imaged the drive, and all was well. I loaded Cyberdefender on it, and it is great.

Hope this helps.
Silverblue
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried removing that thing manually? i know it sounds complicated but it's not if you follow instructions step by step. well i've been told that sometimes it's better to delete viruses on your own, because some of them can block anti-viruses and other programs Rolling Eyes anyway, if you google Virtumonde removal you'll get these links: Virtumonde removal at bleeping computer and another virtumonde removal. btw if you type Virtumonde removal on google you get virtumonde website on results Shocked shouldn't it be blocked or something?
hope my answer helps you a little
formguy
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just do a windows system restore.
Silverblue
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

formguy wrote:

that's a good idea but people usually have some reasons for not using this option. for example, they are not sure how it works and what to expect.
StanLi
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: virtumonde removal Reply with quote

Another good choice to remove/fix virtumonde is running superantispyware.
http://www.superantispyware.com?rid=3625
kisezr00k
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Cyberdefender Anti-Virus Reply with quote

I installed Cyberdefender a couple of months ago, and really like it.

The free version had some annoying pop-ups, so I got the $24 upgrade and have been very happy with it. I have not had any problems/viruses since I installed it, but it did clear a few malware that tried to infect my system.

I think it's a great choice.
desinet1
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spyware Doctor has been effective for me in removing VirtuMonde
desinet1
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silverblue wrote:
formguy wrote:

that's a good idea but people usually have some reasons for not using this option. for example, they are not sure how it works and what to expect.

Windows System Restore may not be effective against Trojans like VirtueMonde.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Spyware // Adware // Trojans Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: