• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Question on PC-cillin EXCEPTION LIST cleanup.........moo

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Security Related Software

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnluk
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Question on PC-cillin EXCEPTION LIST cleanup.........moo Reply with quote

Just a quick question I hope on cleaning up Trend Micro PC-cilln Internet Security 2006 Exception List? The EXCEPTION LIST within the Firewall has grown large over the past couple of years. Some of the programs in the exception are no longer on the PC. It running on Windows XP Home Dell E520. Can I just REMOVE all of the items in the Exception list and start over with a clean exception list??? I am assuming every program that wants to access the internet will then create a new pop up to ALLOW/DENY and hence creating a new Exception list???

Thanks,
ryansutton
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I would do is remove one, open said program and see if you get a pop up. If so, you have the answer to your question.
Johnluk
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks, now that you mentioned it I did have a problem with IE and Firefox access to the Internet and did just that - REMOVED them both from the Exception List and the next time I used them the window did pop up. I am going to wait until after the holidays to try removing all of them... things are working well now and don't want a big problem over the holidays. Thanks again for the suggestion. Will post result then. Very Happy Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Security Related Software All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: