• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Wierd google search errors

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Spyware // Adware // Trojans Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spoofedpackets
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Wierd google search errors Reply with quote

I have a customer and this problem has me stumped. When trying to do a search with google or even yahoo i get a message that says "we're sorry but your query looks similar to an automated requests from a computer virus or spyware protection".

I am kind of at a loss what it could be. I also apologize if i posted this in the wrong group.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
spoofedpackets
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.google.com/sorry/misc/?continue=http://www.google.com

thats a link to the error code in full. Machine has been checked for spyware and viruses.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
spoofedpackets
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: figured it out.. Reply with quote

Well it looked like what happend was the firewall was allowing all traffic through to thier ISA server. So of course everyone in the world was using i as a proxy, cut off the connections at the firewall and changed the config on ISA. Took about 24 hours but that fixed the problem.
dfinc
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

delete cookies, clear history and tan try to search again, or use a proxy browser

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Spyware // Adware // Trojans Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: