• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

sms relay

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> UNIX // GNU/Linux

View previous topic :: View next topic  
graycat
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: sms relay Reply with quote

I've got a VMWare server hosting a nagios installation which whilst going really well for the e-mail notifications I need to get the sms relay side setup.

I was intending to use a 3G card attached directly to the server as the method of getting the the alerts out of the building whilst giving independence from internet connections etc but unfortunately there is a limitation with ESX that you can't connect usb / external connections to VM machines.

So my "plan" was to grab an old PC / laptop and install linux whilst attaching the 3G card to it. Hopefully I'll be able to set that up as a sms relay.

So my first question to you linux guru's is - does this a) sounds plausible and b) possible?

After that, I'll have to go with - got any suggestions or advice?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> UNIX // GNU/Linux All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: