• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Screen capturing video

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Physical Security and Social Engineering

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zahidhaseeb1978
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Screen capturing video Reply with quote

i have few criticals servers and around 5 administrator who are looking after these server. i want to make sure who(administrator) is doing what so i need a software who record the hapening is going on those servers.

is this possible
rlong
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi zahidhaseeb1978,

You need to give a lot more information before anyone could point you toward a useful solution. What OS are the servers running and what information do you actually need to gather regarding your administrators' activities? The title of your post suggests your want to capture video of their terminals. This could be difficult to implement, depending on your infrastructure, and would certainly be resource intensive. Furthermore, you would need a human to analyze all of this video to determine if a given action or event occurred.

In my limited experience in the sysadmin role, all necessary admin tasks carried out by myself and others were handled using a command line interface. In this scenario, running Linux servers, it is relatively easy to configure logging that will record as much as you care to know regarding your admins' activities and use scripts that will notify if particular actions or events occur. Although it sounds like your admins are using a GUI, there has got to be a better method of monitoring than screen capturing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Physical Security and Social Engineering All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: