• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Unanswered threads

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Comments // Problems etc.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JK2447
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Unanswered threads Reply with quote

Hi All,

Hope this is the right place for this, but has anyone noticed how many unanswered threads their are on this forum? I was surprised at how many there are and just wondered if anyone would like to comment as to why this is?
Fire Ant
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which forum are you referring to? I very rarely see unanswered threads. I do see badly worded questions with very little information, in that situation someone normally posts asking for more information.

I must admit that sometimes I can't be bothered even answering a post because the question was so bad its not worth my time even entertaining it e.g. "I have been asked to design a network, can anyone help?" .....er no.

If I was to comment on one thing is that some people don't bother with the "thanks for your help".

Matt_s
JK2447
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing worse than when you take the time to help someone and they don't say thank you. Thanks for your reply by the way.

Sorry I wasn't specific, I was referring to general software, anonymity and the penetration testing forums which unless my eyes deceive me, are littered with 0 replies.

I'm a member of another forum, a general certification forum and I've never seen an unanswered post. If a person asked a question and it didn't make sense, someone would say "that didn't make sense, what do you mean?"
Fire Ant
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, I see your point. I did have a look at those unanswered posts in General Software and between the ones written in French, the adverts and the one liners I can safely say that there is nothing there that is really worth attempting to answer.

With regards to the Pen Testing posts, I think we can all do better there. I will certainly make an effort although my pen testing skills have slid over the last few years, damn you PKI and your higher pay!

The Privacy and Spam posts are bit of a mixed bag of posts in the wrong forum and questions which cannot be answered without upgrading someones brain to use the search function.

I have to say that I don't see as much activity with Trusted Sources these days beyond the few regulars. Maybe we need an injection of new blood to help with the posts.

Matt_s
JK2447
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for that reply Matt_S. I think this is a cracking forum and I haven't had to ask many questions because a lot of stuff I've found with the search. My intention in asking this question was to see if anyone else felt maybe any reply to some of the posts would show were here and listening, no matter how daft some of the questions are (hope I'm making sense!).

You made me laugh saying some people need a brain upgrade ha ha Well said!
Laughing
Fire Ant
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am glad you have been able to find what you need using the search function. Remember this forum is not always about asking a question and getting a black and white answer. There are some posts regarding opinions of the moment so feel free to post.

Keep posting.

Matt_s
JK2447
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Matt_s, will do Very Happy
graycat
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to come in on the end of a conversation (I know, that's never stopped me before either! Smile ) but I can see both sides of the arguement here. Yes there are a lot more posts that aren't getting answered than a few years back but most of the ones I see are as matt_s says; either one liner generic ones or so specific that I can hardly follow the question. Shocked

matt_s wrote:
I have to say that I don't see as much activity with Trusted Sources these days beyond the few regulars.
agree 100%

I'm guessing a lot of the senior people on here are working their individual posteriors off in the real world rather than or something. Smile

Edit: welcome to posting in the forum though, mate. glad to see some more british blood floating around in here for a change Smile
Fire Ant
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm guessing a lot of the senior people on here are working their individual posteriors off in the real world rather than or something.
What is it with those people and their insistence to work Wink

I must admit that sometimes I find it hard even to dedicate time to coming here and chipping in.

Matt_s

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Comments // Problems etc. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: