• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

What a biatch job

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Chat

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustTrashn
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: What a biatch job Reply with quote

Howdy all... Just have to get some 2nd thoughts on this..
Im responsible for all IT for a few companies. Most of the time its an OK job, but the major problem I have is that my boss is on the board to this vendor who does crap work. I cant get the crap vendor out! Id dosent matter how many mistakes they make, that I can prove, my boss wants to keep them. I didnt check to see how much he makes out of it, but rumors have it that its a "nice" extra income.

Problem 2. I guess this is what we all see every day. How secure is "good enough"? One of the companies whats it all open! believe it or not! They say; "Nothing have happend so far. What are the chances for it to happened to us any time soon?" And my boss supports them! Hes what he calls "solution oriented" WTF!!! Lock it down! Then open. But noooo. All open then secure a litle at the time. Just to see if it has any impact. Major problem is that all are on the same lan (subnets) and all are on Terminal Servers!

Im about to give up. But I KNOW there is SO MUCH potential to do things right here. Cant quit. Very Happy

If you read this far... tnx! Just a tad more.. Smile

Any thoughts how to prove that securety is needed? Any one?
Fire Ant
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your on to a looser here. If the customer is none the wiser and the vendor is not interested, any "problem" caused by you will be be blamed on you. I wouldn't be surprised if they did get hacked and it all gets put on your shoulders.

At the end of the day you could bust your balls and prove this too them and you might get a big fat "get lost" for thanks.

You shouldn't let your work stress you out like this. Sounds like your better than this and you seem to know something about security so get a better job.

Matt_s

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: