• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

OS with out virus

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Viruses // Worms

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vinoboblee
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: OS with out virus Reply with quote

is there any Operating system which cannot be affected by virus. i heard ubuntu is one such OS.
heba
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, there isn't operative system that it's not affected by virus or malware or rootkit or other.

Every operative system have it's antivirus/antimalware and anti-rootkit.

you use clamav or another antivirus and rkunter or at least rkrootkit on ubuntu, don't you?... Confused
capi
SF Senior Mod
SF Senior Mod

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heba wrote:
you use clamav or another antivirus and rkunter or at least rkrootkit on ubuntu, don't you?... Confused

No Smile
heba
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

capi wrote:
heba wrote:

No Smile

I suspected it...Razz
RoboGeek
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

technically, if you used an embedded OS that could not be modified - you would be pretty safe.

Some people use M$ Steady State and save data on a separate drive. If you do get a virus, rebooting reimages the OS back to the previous state.

Its a pain if you do anything that requires file modification or updates, but if you get a lot of viruses, it may work for you!

btw.. I play with windows viruses on my linux box in a VM and on the native OS - never been infected
heba
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoboGeek wrote:
technically, if you used an embedded OS that could not be modified - you would be pretty safe.

Some people use M$ Steady State and save data on a separate drive. If you do get a virus, rebooting reimages the OS back to the previous state.

yes, theoretically, but the latest virus attack I see is so: in a harddrive with /home or d:/ (if you prefer) the virus sleep, when the administrator update the system access with root, the virus istall itself in the system and the game is done... Crying or Very sad

RoboGeek wrote:

Its a pain if you do anything that requires file modification or updates, but if you get a lot of viruses, it may work for you!

btw.. I play with windows viruses on my linux box in a VM and on the native OS - never been infected

I love decrypt virus or malware, usually manually. For me is funny, like an hobby... Razz

after I see like run in a windows system or other system with a VM

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Viruses // Worms All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: