• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

My website Hacked, how to reset password?

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Exploits // System Weaknesses

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wise_guy2002n
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: My website Hacked, how to reset password? Reply with quote

Dear all,

i have hosted my website in our parter web server, after that i have reseted my website password to very easy to guess password and now someone hacked my website and they also changed the current password now my website host company tell me they will reset it but they charge 2000 DHs, is there any way so i can reset it my self, or any exploit or etc.

Thanks
ryansutton
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing you can do as they own the server. You will need to pay the money and I recommend finding a new host that would not charge such fees.
Nonapeptide
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: My website Hacked, how to reset password? Reply with quote

wise_guy2002n wrote:
is there any way so i can reset it my self, or any exploit or etc.

It would not be wise to try and hack your web host even if it seems "justifiable" in this situation. You would quickly be prosecuted under your country's cyber crime laws. As Ryan said, pay the fee and then switch hosts to a more customer friendly place. Oh, and never, ever use easy to guess passwords especially if the account login interface is facing the internet. I say this with experience since I had the webmail interface of one of my company's main accounts dictionary attacked and we're still dealing with blacklist problems to this day.

I'm a bad, bad sysadmin. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Exploits // System Weaknesses All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: