• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Its official NTL are crap

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Posideon
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: Its official NTL are crap Reply with quote

Thought Id post my rant about NTL and how they are total no-shows.

For 4 days i had a problem with my bband connection dropping all the time, so i rings up NTL asking what the (bleep) is going on with my connection.
They cant see a problem with it remotely so friday they send an enginer out in the morning, so fair enough I wait in for them.

Engineer comes cant find a problem with the modem then goes in the cellar to check signal and other stuff and config on digi box.

Still cant fins a problem so he goes to the junction box about 113m away to see what he can see at that end.

Then after he makes several visits to this junction and my house he comes back and now the TV or Internet dont work, its like for chirst sake!

He says the cable was damaged slightly and the junction box and he thinks he broke the cable somewhere, idiot!

HE then had the nerve to say then cant com till tuesday to fix it and install a brand new cable.

arggghhhhh Mad

So then my paps rung em back and give em some sh*t and they say they will come back that same afternoon to sort it.

SO i come back home especially anwaited all afternoon and they never turn up.

Then my paps rung up again that night giving them some more sh*t, they said they will come saturday afternoon, so me dad waits in.

and guess what.....

they dont turn up.

Paps rings em again monday morning and then they said someone will come to the house between 4-8, so fair enough i come home especially again.

and guess what....

they didnt come.

Except this time the egineer rang up and said they cant come till tomorrow. So i says I aint available until after 1pm, so he says ok ill bookit on for then.

So anyways I manage to come home early about 10am and theres note saying they jsut been (wtf I ASKED AFTER 1PM DIDNT I) and they said they will come back after 1pm now.

Anyway end of rant Mad

The useless g*ts should be here anytime now. Ill let u know how it goes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
b4rtm4n
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate o mine pnoned NTL today for tv & net access. They stuck him on a local agent which had a recorded message saying they weren't open.

Phoned Sky and was on in a matter of minutes and is going on-line with BT.

NTL are killing themselves with this attitude.
Posideon
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Thank god my bband is sorted now but when they knocked on the door after all that their opening statement was 'so whats the problem then'

i nearly lost my cool, but its fixed now so im happy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chris
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the other end of the scale im extremely happy with recent service from NTL

Being a customer for a few years and trialling cable suppose im loyal, and our bills are pretty expensive, 1meg cable, £200 quarterly phone bills plus TV (incl movies and sports) so they wanted to keep us Smile

Offered some big discounts and have left BT for NTL and have the talk unlimited (£15 p/m for 24/7 local and national free calls)

They do have issues definately, another recent annoying one being the cable 1 gig cap although ive exceeded and not recieved any call as yet.

Ive found customer service to be hit or miss, I always seem to get the sexy women from manchester way who are very helpful Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: