• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

possibility of remote monitoring on my computer.

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Firewalls // Intrusion Detection - External Security

View previous topic :: View next topic  
everything2fear
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: possibility of remote monitoring on my computer. Reply with quote

i've recently come to believe it's possible someone is monitoring my computer remotely. as of today, my internet cut out for a decent amount of time, without reason, or any fix in sight. i cycled my modem's power, unhooked it, rehooked it, switched from my wireless to network cable. this did not provoke a fix. i know that it's a bit paranoid to think this, for something as simple as internet cutting out, but i have reasons to believe this possibility.

would your internet cutting out, as it did for me, be a sign of someone attempting to access data/setup a monitoring program? say, if my provider felt the need to set up a sniffer program, would they need to disconnect my internet to set up such a program? if so, how would i know if my internet provider, a hacker, or whoever, is monitoring my data stream.

I apologize in advance if some of my questions might seem simple.

also, it may be unrelated, my phone disconnected as well. it may have been at a similar time, but i didn't realize it until after my internet cut out, but now that it's back, the phone line is still down. could this be a sign of anything else? if you feel it's unrelated, please voice your opinion.

EDIT: this problem began about 3 hours ago... and as of now, my internet cut out at least one more time for about five minutes and my phone line is still nonexistent. i called my internet/phone provider, and they assured me that my phone line was turned back on. it's not. should this be cause for concern at all?
Groovicus
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more likely problem is that your IP/Phone company is having problems.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Firewalls // Intrusion Detection - External Security All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: