• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Compatible antivirus and anti-malware programs

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Security Related Software

View previous topic :: View next topic  
simbola
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Compatible antivirus and anti-malware programs Reply with quote

I currently have AVG and Malwarebytes.

The problem is, I still don't have real-time protection against malware and rogue antispyware programs (which I have had trouble with in the past).

I was thinking about adding Superantispyware or Spybot: S@D, but Superantispyware doesn't offer real-time protection and I hear that Spybot is outdated...

So any tips?
operat0r2
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think AV for the end user is dead ... you just need to run a LUA or a non administrator... no need for AV at the end user level.. if you need to install software / hardware just login as administrator and do what ever you need . You can also use the runas /savecred to run apps as a administrator user automatically. Alternitivly you can just run Firefox ( or god forbid IE ) with the DropMyRights.exe provided my I think M$ so at least the browser is no running as administrator. Hit me up if you need help setting it up
optimist_oou
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:55 am    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

operat0r2 wrote:
I think AV for the end user is dead ... you just need to run a LUA or a non administrator... no need for AV at the end user level.. if you need to install software / hardware just login as administrator and do what ever you need . You can also use the runas /savecred to run apps as a administrator user automatically. Alternitivly you can just run Firefox ( or god forbid IE ) with the DropMyRights.exe provided my I think M$ so at least the browser is no running as administrator. Hit me up if you need help setting it up

i need to know how to install or setup or getting the software if there is any for this LUA or NON ADMINISTRATOR stuff. am new in IT

thanks
evl
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: A good virus scanner does it all. Reply with quote

A good virus scanner also checks for malware, Trojan horses, etc…

That is why I use Eset NOD32 in the Office and Eset Smart Security at home. Eset Antivirus gives me real-time protection against viruses, Trojan horses, Adware, root kits, etc..

It does not only protect system memory and local and remote disks, it also real-time protects all browser-and e-mail traffic.

It is not wise to not install a good virus scanner on all your systems. When a computer, without a virus scanner, gets infected it will spread viruses all over your network.

I advise you not to install all kinds of anti spyware programs. Many of those programs are spyware. It will take you a lot of time to administer those applications. They might interfere with your virus scanner.

A good virus scanner gives you all the real-time protection you need.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Security Related Software All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: