• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

How to access USB Pen Drive through PS2 Port ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexasmith
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: How to access USB Pen Drive through PS2 Port ? Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a USB Pen Drive, but my USB port is blocked. Need to store data in the Pen Drive. So, if I connect the USB Pen Drive to the PS2 port using a PS2-USB adaptor , shall i be able to store data in the pen drive ??
Thanks
Groovicus
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your USB port is blocked? How?
njan
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: How to access USB Pen Drive through PS2 Port ? Reply with quote

alexasmith wrote:
So, if I connect the USB Pen Drive to the PS2 port using a PS2-USB adaptor , shall i be able to store data in the pen drive ??
Thanks

No. An adapter with the right connections on each end doth not interoperability make.

This works with HID devices (ie. keyboards and mice) because they can generally talk both USB and PS/2 and detect what sort of port they're plugged into.

Plugging any other USB device into a similar adapter and attaching this to your PC won't work, and may result in less desirable results...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: