• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Free Firewall + Por opening in firewall

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Beginners // Misc. Computer Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stonecaper
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Free Firewall + Por opening in firewall Reply with quote

Hi,

My PC is a P4 3.07 HT+512 SDR RAM+80GB HDD

Question 1 : I am using PC Tools firewall+ Free Edition.Is this the Best FREE firewall I can use with my PC? if not,which one Is?

Question 2 : Please tell Me the Ways to forward the Port [For Bit torrent downloading] in whatever Firewall u recommend

Question 3 : This Is the forwarding i did in My router.Is it Correct?

Name Protocol External Port Internal IP Internal Port

uTorrent UDP 61320-61330 xxx.xxx.x.x 61320-61330
njan
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Free Firewall + Por opening in firewall Reply with quote

stonecaper wrote:

Question 1 : I am using PC Tools firewall+ Free Edition.Is this the Best FREE firewall I can use with my PC? if not,which one Is?

If you ask ten different people this, you're likely to get ten different answers. It probably depends what you want, really, in addition to how much you're prepared to fiddle.

Matousec do some decent testing of host-based firewalls like this one which you can find online. They rank yours as 'poor', but I can't comment either way, as I've never used or tested it!
stonecaper wrote:

Question 3 : This Is the forwarding i did in My router.Is it Correct?

If uTorrent is configured to listen on a port in the range 61320-61330 and you got the IP address correct, then yes, that looks like an appropriate portforward to get bittorrent working.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
stonecaper
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnxalot.I Will Download and Use ciS now.Will post the response

Yes My torrent port is 61327 but Couldn't understand What u meant By ip address...
njan
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stonecaper wrote:

Yes My torrent port is 61327 but Couldn't understand What u meant By ip address...

In order for your port forward to work, the IP address you specify in the port forward rule would have to match the IP address of the host the bittorrent client was running on.

This would probably also mean you would want to ensure the host retained the same IP address by specifying it statically or using a DHCP Reservation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Beginners // Misc. Computer Questions All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: