• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

How to install turbo c++ in linux(Xanthros) and create a pro

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> UNIX // GNU/Linux

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alanclark
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: How to install turbo c++ in linux(Xanthros) and create a pro Reply with quote

Hi,

I hav heard that it isn't that simple to write a program in linux using c.
Lots of commands n stuff.Please simplify what actually I've got to do to run turbo c++ in my linux laptop as I am a beginner.

Moderator note: removed spam signature - capi
capi
SF Senior Mod
SF Senior Mod

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: How to install turbo c++ in linux(Xanthros) and create a Reply with quote

Alanclark wrote:
I hav heard that it isn't that simple to write a program in linux using c.
Lots of commands n stuff.Please simplify what actually I've got to do to run turbo c++ in my linux laptop as I am a beginner.

What???

It's much simpler to write a program in C in GNU/Linux than it is on MS Windows -- which doesn't even have a C compiler by default, to begin with. Practically every GNU/Linux system and its grandmother has at least gcc installed out of the box, together with include headers and copious documentation about everything from standard C functions to OS syscalls.

You probably mean to ask about graphical IDEs. There are several C IDEs available for GNU/Linux. One of the most popular is probably Eclipse -- although it is mainly meant for Java, it also supports C and several other languages. I myself don't use an IDE, I just edit the source code with vim (a highly flexible and scriptable text editor) and compile from the prompt, using Makefiles.

As for Turbo C++, unless there is a GNU/Linux version of it, your best bet for getting it running is to use wine. Wine is a piece of software that lets you run many Windows programs on GNU/Linux. It may or may not work with Turbo C++. Still, even if it does work, it probably won't do what you want: a Windows compiler will create native Windows executables. These executables will not run on GNU/Linux, just like GNU/Linux executables will not run on Windows.

You should really just try a few GNU/Linux IDEs. Or just program using a modern text editor with syntax highlighting (such as Kate, KWrite, gEdit, or the venerable vim and gvim) and call the compiler by hand. It's blindingly simple.

Last edited by capi on Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total
camp185
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wine and latest version of linux. Wine is probably the best bet there, like mentioned, but I also noticed with the latest version of Ubuntu my wine has a a little more kick. A couple of window applications that didn't work in the past on it now do.
Orzechowski
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't without some hassles. Luckily, my friend faced a similar situation & I obliged him. You have to do follow the following:
a) Install DosBox
b) Run my app & set Targets to TC & DosBox
c) Click run.

The sole reason I made this was so that moronic teachers wouldn't crib about: "Kid, you're so arrogant to disobey you teachers. Who do you think you are to tell US what to do!!", when told to change compilers by me (and my friend when he said the same,Sigh!).

P.S. I had done this in a jiffy & so paid least attention on the interface (as I didn't think someone else might need to use it).

Moderator note: edited to remove spam signature - capi

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> UNIX // GNU/Linux All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: