• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

New Exchange Server Implementation Help

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Exchange 2000 // 2003 // 2007 & Active Directory

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptainObvious
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: New Exchange Server Implementation Help Reply with quote

Hello all,

I just took a job with a new company as the lone IT do-it-all man. The network is currently managed by an outside company. One of my big goals is to eventually bring everything in house. This includes implementing an Exchange server (which I will be doing for the first time). This is a small business that includes no more than 75 PCs (around that many Exchange users, maybe only about 65). What I would like to know is what are the big things I should verify, do or have an action plan for before attempting to deploy any hardware? Along those same lines, should I look into something like a spam and virus firewall for Exchange servers? Does the server have to be running the same Exchange server version as the clients use (e.g. 2003, 2007, etc.), and does it have to be upgraded when the users do? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated...Thanks!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Exchange 2000 // 2003 // 2007 & Active Directory All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: