• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

complete beginner! compluter won't load my profile

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Beginners // Misc. Computer Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
laund
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: complete beginner! compluter won't load my profile Reply with quote

Running windows XP, oldish compaq laptop. it's been running fairly slow for a while and occasionally "beeping" for no reason. logged on tonight and the thing tells me that it can't load my profile as it may be corrupted. I didn't have any anti-virus installed apparently, so i've now downloaded McAfee. I also installed registry mechanic and that fixed a few probs, but i still can't get my profile to load or find any of my files :-/ a friend suggested running a log, and i'll paste the results below incase anyone can shed any light on the problem... is this something I can fix, or am i going to have to throw some money at it? any suggestions greatly appreciated!! thanks.
---------------

HJT log removed by SifuMike
Hijackthis logs are not allowed to be posted in this forum, only in the HJT logs/Malware Removal forum.
davidbosten
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should get help of hardware engineer, they can check that where is the actual problem is. The problem may be in your mother board or may be virus attack in your hard disc or may the problem of RAM. The hardware engineer will scan your hard disc in another system and your problem could short out.
blackcivic
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could try and create a new profile and copy your documents folder, favorites, and desktop folder into the newly created profile

if you are using XP here's some instructions on doing all this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Beginners // Misc. Computer Questions All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: