• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

problems with Home Vista on HP

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Windows

View previous topic :: View next topic  
asama000
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: problems with Home Vista on HP Reply with quote

I have a lot of problems with my laptop.
I have an HP 6735b with windows Vista on. I 've got a rootkit and some trojain but I removed them with Gmer and Kaspersky. Now (and before virus were detected too) the Windows Securiy Center doesn't work and so the installation and removing programs via windows installer.
pettersmith
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: problems with Home Vista on HP Reply with quote

I have read your problem. and I have tried out the answer in web site but nothing I have got. I can suggest you thing to format your PC once again. but if you don`t want to loose your whole data format only C drive. after that i think your problem will solved. But still you faced some problem then just contact your dealer for this.
georgec
SF Staff
SF Staff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: problems with Home Vista on HP Reply with quote

I suggest that you explore recovery options before performing a new installation of the system. For example you can try a System restore.
pettersmith wrote:
but if you don`t want to loose your whole data format only C drive

Pay attention as some personal data is actually stored in the c: drive such as 'My Documents' and most probably your laptop is configured with just one drive! in which case all your data resides in the c: drive
digidojo
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I always reformat / reinstall when my computer gets any type of virus.

One way of avoiding data loss is the use of the User migration tool, in your accessories folder. It will back up your profile, but won't reinstall any applications you had stored on your C: drive.

I don't think your at risk, but I hear of more and more hackers storing viruses on the recovery partition laptops / computers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: