• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

How to move Active Directory to a new box.

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Exchange 2000 // 2003 // 2007 & Active Directory

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jessica M.
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: How to move Active Directory to a new box. Reply with quote

I installed a new 2008 DC a couple years ago. It serves as our file server and domain controller. We have a new Server 2008 R2 box in from Dell and I have joined it to the domain and moved all of our files over.

Now I need to dcpromo the new box, move the roles over and decommission the old server as the bosses have other plans for it.

I haven't done a migration like this since 2003, so I wanted to check and see if there is a walk-through or guide for moving Active Directory in 2008. I know the replication technology has changed and I am not sure if that impacts the usual process.

Thanks in advance!!
georgec
SF Staff
SF Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check these out! http://www.windowsnetworking.com/search.asp?s=dcpromo

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Exchange 2000 // 2003 // 2007 & Active Directory All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: