• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Memory Tester

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plug
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 7:26 pm    Post subject: Memory Tester Reply with quote

I've had the odd problem since adding more RAM. I'm sure it's the memory, but if I take it back and they test it OK, they'll charge me. Does anyone know of a way to test RAM? Any free downloads?
ComSec
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a dodgy sim...!

try this memory Diagnostic program..free only for a limited time, but it might help you to pinpoint your problem,..... check the site for more details.

program:DocMemory Diagnostic

DocMemory, an advanced self-bootable PC Memory Diagnostic Software is a user friendly software designed to capture all possible memory failures in PC.

A rigorous test pattern excerises both the PC Base and Extended Memory to locate defective memory, all carried out without the need for user to disassemble memory from the PC.

Download the software and the installation program automatically create a self- booting diagnostic diskette. Simply insert this diskette into the floppy and reboot your PC to begin testing your system memory.

Available memory test patterns includes sophisticated algorithms such as MATS, March B+ ,March C-, and Checkerboard…etc. Selecting "Burnt-In Mode", will capture 95% of PC System soft memory failures. Editing the pattern and other parameter functions are made simple by using a mouse interface.

For Limited Time only - DocMemory diagnostic software, is available free-of-charge. Download your FREE copy now ! If you still need help send us an email to DocMemory with a detailed description of your system and problem and we'll do our very best to help you.

http://www.simmtester.com/PAGE/products/doc/docinfo.asp

here is also a FAQ page.

http://www.simmtester.com/page/memory/memfaq.asp

Hope it helps

ComSec
Plug
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers!
I downloaded it and ran it for a few hours (!). No problems reported.
You have saved me the cost/embarrassment of taking it back to the shop.
I guess it's just not compatible with my mobo.
ComSec
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i were you i would get in touch with the shop and ask them to swap it with one that is.....most places will exchange.

hope you get it sorted Wink

cheers

ComSec

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: