Spell check now available on posts

Networking/Security Forums -> News // Columns // Articles

Author: chrisLocation: ~/security-forums PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Spell check now available on posts
    ----
A spell check mod has recently been installed powered by Spelchek.com (no this isn't a typo) Smile

Upon posting you now have the option to check your spelling before posting:

A worthy addition for those who can't spell or after a few beers Make a toast

Last edited by chris on Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Author: squidlyLocation: Umm.. I dont know.. somewhere PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject:
    ----
LMAO. I cna geet seom sepllnig cheeking no here Very Happy

Thanks. That will be very helpfull Very Happy

Author: dumguy PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject:
    ----
hehe yeah beer does seem to numb my typing fingers.. Laughing

I use IEspell add on for internet "exploder"

testing one, two, three..

it woiks.. Rolling Eyes w00t w00t

hmm.. it doesn't think w00t is mispelled.. that's a plus..

Author: capiLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject:
    ----
Oooh, that'll come in handy to improve the overall readability of some posts Wink

I just have to wonder though, with countless posts from all around the world going through their servers... (there ought to be an X-Files style conspiracy theory emoticon Laughing)

On a related note, what's one supposed to do after you've corrected the typos in the little popup window? I click on "Finish checking" and the popup turns into a blue page with nothing on it... Confused Or are you just supposed to go back and edit your post by yourself?

Author: hugoLocation: Netherlands, Europe PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject:
    ----
capi wrote:
I just have to wonder though, with countless posts from all around the world going through their servers... (there ought to be an X-Files style conspiracy theory emoticon Laughing)

Yeah well -- just like Google 0wns your interests, Spelcheck 0wns your thoughts. Shocked Teleport!

(We're indeed lacking a conspiracy theory emoticon...)

Author: GiroLocation: England PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject:
    ----
You could just use a pspell (Im sure its default?) mod if someone was to write it then there would be no off site stuff.

Author: effortlessLocation: grounded PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject:
    ----
I must admit I am a bit unnerved by it all. The ads at the bottom of the page have changed the feel but I suppose I'll get used to it. Confused The site does need the money. I'll get the old switch card out next week.

Author: geekchick2 PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject:
    ----
wow i want one of dem

Author: siaradLocation: Near Swansea UK PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject:
    ----
capi
When I noticed it last week I couldn't divine how to work it either. Notzed coldnt were found but as you say after correcting just a blank blue screen whether rechecking or finishing

Author: chrisLocation: ~/security-forums PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject:
    ----
capi wrote:
On a related note, what's one supposed to do after you've corrected the typos in the little popup window? I click on "Finish checking" and the popup turns into a blue page with nothing on it... Confused Or are you just supposed to go back and edit your post by yourself?

After clicking finish checking you should then be presented with a final button 'insert into document' where it pushes the corrected version into the phpBB post window.

Having a slight issue at the moment, should be fixed soon

Cheers

Author: capiLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Understood, thanks for the help Smile

Author: cisco studentLocation: SFDC USA: Chico, California PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Yes, I was wondering about this myself. I have just been using the spell check manually.

Author: effortlessLocation: grounded PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I think that if you recheck then it changes.

Author: chrisLocation: ~/security-forums PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject:
    ----
cisco student wrote:
Yes, I was wondering about this myself. I have just been using the spell check manually.

OK bug now fixed

Upon clicking finish checking a final window will be presented with another button to insert in document

Once this is clicked the post will be edited properly to save making the changes manually

Author: capiLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject:
    ----
Testing... typo here and here...

Yup, it works! Good job Smile

Author: cisco studentLocation: SFDC USA: Chico, California PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Second Test

This is a misspelling.

It works

Networking/Security Forums -> News // Columns // Articles

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1