Hmac - Sha1

Networking/Security Forums -> Cryptographic Theory and Cryptanalysis - Internal and Transmission Security

Author: entropista PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Hmac - Sha1
    ----
Hello everyone

i have a little problem here , i know a software that is capable a resigning xbox saves , so i was interested in the way it works , i havent been able to decompile it because it is encrypted , although the prgram is very small and simple
but what i know from it that it uses a HMAC-SHA1 or a SHA1 algorithm to work , lets say it needs an Auth Key and a Sig Key for the program to caculate it
lets say a Sig Key and a Auth Key looks Like That
dd46a68db08c6b0086fde4f198e0c656
However , i dont know anything about that type of encryption method , and where do these numbers come from
i have tried to hash , checksum , verefie the files but nothing happens
could you please halp me in anyway you can , like telling me where should i start from and what sort of knowledge or software i need
Thank you

Author: dataLocation: India PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject:
    ----
hi,

the SHA-1 algorithm is defined in FIPS 180-1

Data.

Networking/Security Forums -> Cryptographic Theory and Cryptanalysis - Internal and Transmission Security

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1