Mac G4 OS X install - HDD Format/partition

Networking/Security Forums -> Macintosh

Author: achilles PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Mac G4 OS X install - HDD Format/partition
    ----
Hello all

I was installing Mac OSX on my PowerBook G4. I have a new HDD which previously had Win2k. Now the installation starts and I go to the "DISK Utility" in order to format the disk.

I select the DISK, and choose the volume format as "Mac OS Standard" or "Mac OS Extended " and click the "Erase" button but it just never seems to work. I waited for like around 15 minutes for it to format the 4GB HDD but to no use. I then even tried to use the Paritioning utility, but that too gets stuck..

Any Idea?

Thanks

EDIT:
while paritioning ti says:
"Preparing drive ... unmounting old volumes" and that is all I see... no progress at all.

Author: catwomanLocation: Edinburgh, Scotland PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Mac G4 OS X install - HDD Format/partition
    ----
Hmmmmm - it should work - at least in theory........

I found this on Apple's website: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107437

... although this appears to be what you have been trying to do. I'm a bit busy at work at the moment, so I don't have time to search any more at the minute. Apple's knowledge base is pretty extensive - try here for more help.

.... just a thought - the HD is definitely compatible with the powerbook?

Networking/Security Forums -> Macintosh

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1