LC4 question

Networking/Security Forums -> Exploits // System Weaknesses

Author: zenius PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 2:56 am    Post subject: LC4 question
    ----
When I used LC4 for cracking NT password, I can not connect to Remote machine and import from sniffer ? Why ? Question

Author: delete852Location: Washington DC PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 5:15 am    Post subject:
    ----
Is there an error message or what?

Author: zenius PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 8:07 am    Post subject:
    ----
Ah, is say Fial to connect to registry on remote computer.
I know maybe my acc can't read all of registry, but is there someway here ?

Author: decypherohmLocation: World - Europe - Portugal - Lisbon PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:37 am    Post subject:
    ----
LC4 cracking nt passwords... what the heck is that?!?!?
Question

Author: ShaolinTigerLocation: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:44 am    Post subject:
    ----
zenius wrote:
Ah, is say Fial to connect to registry on remote computer.
I know maybe my acc can't read all of registry, but is there someway here ?

Not if the machine is set to RestrictAnonymous, which it more than likely is. In this case you need physical access to the SAM file to let LC rip.

LC4 = L0pht Crack 4.

Google it Wink

Author: b4rtm4nLocation: Bi Mon Sci Fi Con PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:51 am    Post subject:
    ----
You need admin privelidges to run l0phtcrack on local & remote SAMs.

Without admin you need to get hold of the ERD or hack the box and use pwdump2 and then run lc on the results.

Author: delete852Location: Washington DC PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 4:15 pm    Post subject:
    ----
You can sniff your network for passwords.

Author: Jason PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 5:07 pm    Post subject:
    ----
decypherohm wrote:
LC4 cracking nt passwords... what the heck is that?!?!?
Question

LC4 - The Password Auditing and Recovery Application

LC4 is the latest version of the award-winning password auditing and recovery application, L0phtCrack. It provides two critical capabilities to Windows® network administrators:

LC4 helps administrators secure Windows-authenticated networks through comprehensive auditing of Windows NT and Windows 2000 user account passwords.
LC4 recovers Windows user account passwords to streamline migration of users to another authentication system or to access accounts whose passwords are lost.

The "official" homepage, and rest of the above text is here: http://www.atstake.com/research/lc/index.html

J

Networking/Security Forums -> Exploits // System Weaknesses

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1