[FAQ] IBM ThinkPad Unlock Supervisor Password
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  :||:
Networking/Security Forums -> Hardware // Upgrades

Author: allserviceLocation: @your.service PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Are you kidding, right? You cannot unlock ThinkPad drives with this program.

What do this MHD3 you mentioned? Well, it sends a Security Erase ATA command to the drive and the password to erase the drive. It was built to try a single password (probably that matches the master pwd used by UTV and is built in with the program). If the password won't match (of course this will happen, you need to know a password), the operation is aborted. It is clear for you now?

I think you are just blowing hot air here, no offense.

Author: naseerak PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: t23
    ----
Hi
allservice how can I locat the position of the security chip on my t23 motherboard as I searched desperately for it but could,nt find it please help me.

Author: allserviceLocation: @your.service PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject:
    ----
You have to remove the RAM cover (turn the machine upside-down). The chip is there, near the second memory socket. 24RF08 14 pin.

Author: naseerak PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Crc
    ----
Hi
My questions are as follows:
1. Is it safe to read the eprom without the danger of disturbing CRC with your interface.
2. what if The CRC arises can i fix it using some hex editors
3. some mechanic has desoldered the chip from my friend,s laptop T23
now i have found this chip from my local computor dealers garbage so can U provide me with a good dump of T23
I will be extremly greatfull to You.

Author: allserviceLocation: @your.service PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject:
    ----
The answers:
1. Yes.
2. No.
3. Yes, but you need W24RF08.

For other questions you might have please use PM.
Thanks.

Author: potshot87 PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: TP A31, EEPROM Location
    ----
Anybody knows exactly where the eeprom is located on an A31? Which part do I need to open up on the laptop?

Author: allserviceLocation: @your.service PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject:
    ----
A31 has the eeprom close to the IDE HDD connector, on the other side. You have to dismantle the TP.

Author: hobcal12 PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject:
    ----
I know it may sound crazy and unbelievable, but I got the idea from the following:

http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/q22000/gee2000918002375.htm
in that page, search under: CRC1 errors Thinkpad T20 (12:46pm EST Thu Jun 02 2005)
message was posted by: “Happy Now”
the message is near the bottom of the thread.

So I did that, shorted the crc chip. Please don’t ask me which pin I shorted, because I don’t remember. I did it randomly. I did that for two days without any luck and yesterday afternoon while watching tv, I do it again for fun, after 5-10 times shorting the crc pin randomly, all the sudden, no crc error and I got my windows screen.

At one point, when I shorted the pin, I got spark. Also, sometimes I got error 0195 “security hardware tamper detected”.

I am not suggesting any of you to do this. I think I am very very very lucky. I am willing to do this because I have a new laptop as off last week. My T23 has served me well for 5 years until that 0175 crc1 error. So at that time I figure I am going to disassemble my T23 and sell it parts by parts at ebay.

Btw, it’s easy to short crc chip on the T23, because the chip is at the back, under the memory. So while shorting those pins, I can press the power button and look at the screen at the same time.

So now my laptop is working, but the HD giving me clicking sound more often, I am not sure if that’s because of what I did or not.

!!!If you decided to short the crc pin, do it at your own risk!!!

Author: allserviceLocation: @your.service PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject:
    ----
There are no "CRC" pins. CRC stands for Cyclic Redundancy Check which allows the BIOS to check the integrity of the eeprom data.
0175 Bad CRC1 occurs when the data is corrupt.
This error cannot be corrected by shortcutting "CRC pins", but by reprogramming the eeprom. Or maybe you are such a lucky guy...too lucky Smile

Author: hobcal12 PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject:
    ----
ups, sorry... i was reffering to the ATMEL chip... my T23 has 14 pins.
btw, is it possible that when i shorted the pins, i accidentally reset the atmel chip?
I couldn't agree more.. i was very very very lucky... :D :D

Author: allserviceLocation: @your.service PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject:
    ----
No matter if is 14 pins or 8 pins, there are no "CRC pins". And no, you cannot "reset" the eeprom.

Author: nightflyr PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: IBM Thinkpad 380Z
    ----
First, Thank you for having this Forum. Im sure it wouldnt be fun for you but more people should know about this work. Also please let me know of anyway that I can help in this effort.

IBM Thinkpad 380Z
I am in need of the BIOS Supervisory Password for this unit.

I have a TP 380z 2635-HGU. I have located an ATMEL 842 24C01A chip 8 pins at location U37.

Is this the right chip for this TP? or should I get out my magnifing glass and look harder?

Can I use this software, for this TP, to get the Password?

Taking note of the locations of the Chip, Can I dump this chip without powering up the TP and without de-soldering it?

Thank you in advance. It is nice to see people helping others. Please let me know if I can do anything to help out. No matter the outcome of my TP I will be reading everyday to see If I can help someone else.

Author: allserviceLocation: @your.service PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject:
    ----
380Z has 24c01 indeed. It's located right close to the memory socket.

This eeprom can be read with the same interfaces but not with R24RF08, this is only for 24RF08. I suggest you driven-i2cprog (schematic available with R24RF08 kit)
24C01 is a clasic 128 byte IIC eeprom that can be read with many free software like PonyProg from www.lancos.com

The procedure is the same like for 24RF08, you have to solder only 3 wires on SDA, SCL and GND. to read in system (w/o unsolder it). The laptop must be powered, of course.

See more details here

Good luck

Author: hdtintin PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Thinkpad T43
    ----
Bought my laptop from ebay and there's a supervisor password on it. The guy I bought it from doesn't even know about it. He said he's looking into it for me. The thing is, I can by-pass everything and actually logged into windows. I just can't use the hardwares available to the fullest. Do you know of anyway to break or reset the password?

Thanks

Author: allserviceLocation: @your.service PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Though question. And it's very hard to answear because there's no info about your laptop, what is it, how is it looks like Rolling Eyes
You got me.

Oh, it is a T43. Sorry, but I think you should claim your money back, the guy is a crook for sure. T43 uses PC 8394, the super IO chip to store the SVP and no way to be unlocked so easy.

Edit: T43 and R52 unlocking procedure included in IBMpass Pro already that will be available soon.

Last edited by allservice on Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Author: locdupr50 PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: R50
    ----
Does anyone know if this process will work on an R50 ? I know that the R50 has the embedded security chip on it but I don't know where to look for the eeprom.

Networking/Security Forums -> Hardware // Upgrades

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  :||:
Page 4 of 7