Apache bandwidth question

Networking/Security Forums -> UNIX // GNU/Linux

Author: GuardianLocation: UK PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:44 pm    Post subject: Apache bandwidth question
    ----
Hi

Is there a way to limit transfer for each connection and have control over the bandwdth used?

This is required to limit the abuse by some users who make numerous simultaneous connections.

Thanks

Smile

Author: ShaolinTigerLocation: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 9:47 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Check out mod_throttle.

Author: flwLocation: U.S.A. PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 10:12 pm    Post subject:
    ----
ST is correct, the following gives some detail that seems to fit your issues: http://www.snert.com/Software/mod_throttle/

Per snert.com
Quote:
This Apache module is intended to reduce the load on your server & bandwidth generated by popular virtual hosts, directories, locations, or users according to supported polices (see below) that decide when to delay or refuse requests. Also mod_throttle can track and throttle incoming connections by IP address or by authenticated remote user.

Hope this is of some help,

Author: GuardianLocation: UK PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 11:59 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Thanks for the info.
I use Apache 2.0.43.

I was hoping for a conf configuration method.

Any ideas?

Smile

Author: flwLocation: U.S.A. PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:47 am    Post subject:
    ----
Quote:
I was hoping for a conf configuration method

Try giving the url referenced a read. Most stuff that works in 1.3 also works in 2.x And it is a conf method in conjuction with a mod.

Networking/Security Forums -> UNIX // GNU/Linux

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1