Retrieve IE cached passwords

Networking/Security Forums -> Exploits // System Weaknesses

Author: chrisLocation: ~/security-forums PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 3:51 pm    Post subject: Retrieve IE cached passwords
    ----
If someone has logged onto a machine that I have physical access to how do I get to internet explorer's cached passwords

-Firstly does the user HAVE to have put remember this password for future use?

I remember seeing this a while back on the trojan called deepthroat, are there any other programs to do this

Operating system windows 2000

Cheers

Author: Jason PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 4:05 pm    Post subject:
    ----
There is some software called "windows secret explorer" which allows you to see all of the cached data for IE.

This can be anything that is remembered by "auto complete", including passwords!

Think it works on all windows OS's, but cant remember. I remember the trial version would only allow you to see the first few characters, but the full version lets you see everything.

J

Author: chrisLocation: ~/security-forums PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 4:17 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Yep cheers have tried this program already and a few others, does work but only pulled out a few cached IE passwords, not the one I was looking for unfortunately Smile Only caches where you tick remember my password in I.E or server side stored, like on this board.

Is any info stored locally for a MSN user's passport does anyone know ?

Networking/Security Forums -> Exploits // System Weaknesses

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1