PC2700 vs PC2100 memory

Networking/Security Forums -> Macintosh

Author: wiz561Location: Chicago PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: PC2700 vs PC2100 memory
    ----
Hi!

I know this is a security forum and not really a hardware forum, but I need an answer and people on this forum are really good and knowledgeable.

Anyways, here's the scenario. I have a powerbook with 1 gig of PC2700 memory, upgradable to 2 gigs total. I have a Dell Latitude with 2 gigs of ram, but the memory is PC2100.

Now from what I read, the only difference between the two is the speed, and the powerbook will make the other chip run at pc2100 if i put the memory from the Dell in. However, what would benefit me more? Running 2 gigs at PC2100, or 1 gig at PC2700?

Thanks again for your help!

Author: valkarieLocation: London PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I would say that this is dependant on how many programs you have running at the same time. If you plan to have quite a few ie. gaming + and internet and possibly firewall + av software the you will need around 1 gig, that should be more than ample for most requirements, and at a speed of 2700 you should have no problems.
2 gig of ram could possibly be a bit of overkill (again this dependant on your programs running on the machine)

Networking/Security Forums -> Macintosh

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1