Deleting ones posts.

Networking/Security Forums -> Comments // Problems etc.

Author: GiroLocation: England PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Deleting ones posts.
    ----
How do I delete my posts that I have made but changed my mind? I can see the delete button here but not in the basics forum?

Author: capiLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject:
    ----
You can delete your own post by clicking on the small X button () in the top right corner of your post. However (as is stated in the forum FAQ), you cannot delete your own post once someone has replied to it.

Here is the relevant part of our FAQ addressing this question, with the underlining added by me:
Quote:
How do I edit or delete a post?
Unless you are the board admin or forum moderator you can only edit or delete your own posts. You can edit a post (sometimes for only a limited time after it was made) by clicking the edit button for the relevant post. If someone has already replied to the post, you will find a small piece of text output below the post when you return to the topic that lists the number of times you edited it. This will only appear if no one has replied; it also will not appear if moderators or administrators edit the post (they should leave a message saying what they altered and why). Please note that normal users cannot delete a post once someone has replied.

Networking/Security Forums -> Comments // Problems etc.

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1