Program that will start/stop another program on a schedule

Networking/Security Forums -> Windows

Author: InsomniacLocation: Sunny bloody Portugal! PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Program that will start/stop another program on a schedule
    ----
Hey guys - lets see if I can explain this clearly: I want to be able to run a certain program between the times of 1am and 7am. Is there a Windows-based program I can get that will allow me to specify an application and schedule it to start and stop at certain times?

Author: hugoLocation: Netherlands, Europe PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Do you mean something like this? If you're in luck, it's installed on your machine by default.

To quote the above linked site:
Quote:
The Microsoft Task Scheduler is an amazing little FREE tool that (in most cases) comes already with your Windows installation and "hides" in the "Control Panel" folder which is located in the "My Computer" folder on your desktop.

I'm not sure about it being able to stop something, but I hope this helps anyways. Smile

Author: MattALocation: Eastbourne + London PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject:
    ----
you could use batch files and the AT command (AT /? at cmd line)
net stop will stop a service
i.e net stop w3svc Wink

Networking/Security Forums -> Windows

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1