Snowflake theme ... terrible performance on cpu
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :||:
Networking/Security Forums -> Comments // Problems etc.

Author: CassLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Ahh think ill take my coat off Smile

Cheers
Cass

Author: GroovicusLocation: Centerville, South Dakota PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Shocked

95% to 40% Holy crap!! I'm wasn't even pushing 2%. It's not like I have an overly beefy machine either...

Author: Tom BairLocation: Portland, Oregon USA PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Due to the negative experience some members have had with the Winter Graphics Theme, we have removed them from the site. (Er ... the graphics, not the members Smile ).

Author: dannyboy 950Location: Port Arthur Texas PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Well folks I think that may have been an issue with firefox cause I was only gettig a 1% increase in cpu and I only have a amd 2.3Gig with 348 memory. Altho I noticed I only have 23 proceses running compared to some of the high numbers some of the others were reporting.

This was useing IE for a browser.

Author: ryansuttonLocation: San Francisco, California PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I had the same problem in IE as I did in FF.

Author: coopLocation: FL PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I am running firefox 1.5 with all the updates and extensions I never had an issue with the snow flakes.

Author: unixk1d PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject:
    ----
yes, my loadtime has increase as well... Rolling Eyes

Author: GroovicusLocation: Centerville, South Dakota PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Considering that the snowflakes are no longer going, I can't imagine how that would be the problem.

Networking/Security Forums -> Comments // Problems etc.

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :||:
Page 2 of 2