Chat Programs not working.

Networking/Security Forums -> Macintosh

Author: aguillory PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:45 am    Post subject: Chat Programs not working.
    ----
Normally I am fairly proficient with troubleshooting problems, but with this I'm completely at a loss. Two days ago both AIM and MSN messenger were working on my computer. Yesterday I tried to log onto AIM and nothing. Tried MSN and nothing. Restarted my computer, installed all the latest security updates and software updates that Mac had to offer. Tried to delete AIM and reinstall but nothing. iChat will work, oddly enough, but the other two will not at all. For AIM it gets stuck on the 'looking for service' part and never gets past it to even check my password and for MSN it tells me that it cannot detect an internet connection.

If anyone has ANY ideas on how to solve this matter, I would be very very appreciative.

Author: alimahdiLocation: Arabian Peninsula PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject:
    ----
Most probably it is because the messengers do not detect the Internet connection.

Try changing the connection setting in the messenger.

mahdi

Author: Ex0dusLocation: Down Under PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject:
    ----
you behind a proxy? or direct connection to the internet.

perhaps firewalls as well?

Networking/Security Forums -> Macintosh

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1