Security forums new look
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :||:
Networking/Security Forums -> Comments // Problems etc.

Author: dataLocation: India PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Security forums new look
    ----
hi,

I like the new look but can we have that home page as well, where I could see the latest posts and announcements(The previous security-forums home page).

Thanks.

Author: oebLocation: That Island of drunks over there PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject:
    ----
No offence guys, but the new look really sucks.

The page is too busy, and being the fact that phpBB tends to generate busy pages anyway ... well you get the idea.

Author: Tom BairLocation: Portland, Oregon USA PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject:
    ----
We have to rebuild the 'Home page' since it was a bit of a mess after several years of altering... not sure how long it will take to finish.

We will eventually go to a custom designed forum package which will integrate SFDC better into WindowSecurity.com -- until then, please be patient and continue to enjoy the same content we've had for the past several years.

(Please continue with your constructive criticism, we are indeed taking notes).

Tom

Author: StormhawkLocation: Warwickshire, England, UK PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject:
    ----
The biggest problem is that the same content now occupies less of the browser window, with that ugly WindowSecurity bar down the left. Makes posts quite a bit more difficult to read.

Author: RFmax PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I have noticed that because of the links on the left that I have to scroll in the horizontal direction all the time. I have the screen on my notebook adjusted as much as possible. I was wondering if others have this happening to them as well. If others are having this issue, could the links possibly be located on the right, because of the left bias?

Edit: Oops, I missed StormHawk's post. I guess we are in agreement.

Author: static_-x-_Location: south wales PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Please change it back! With no recent posts there will be a big decrease in the amount of visitors and therefore posts. There are so many drawbacks to this change, why change in the first place? (if it is to get people to use the facilities on windowsecurity.com website i dont think its going to work)

Author: Mongrel PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I'll go with StormHawk to an extent - not sure if (s)he is in my
boat - that of vision impairment - but as such there*is* less space in
which we can read content. I'm half blind already. Smile

Author: BogLocation: Toronto, Ontario Canada PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I too miss the previous home page that listed new posts.

The new look doesn't work well when I browse from my blackberry.

Author: capiLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject:
    ----
The site is way too painfully slow with the new layout. I've had to blacklist banman.isoftmarketing.com and am still getting 20/30 second load times for even the simplest page - most of which spent waiting for windowsecurity.com.

I also concur that the banner on the left is a big space hog, drastically reducing visibility for the content that matters. It being repeated on every single page doesn't help matters either, in my opinion.

The main page with the recent posts was also a big thing for the site's attractiveness, in my opinion. Just being tossed into the forum index takes away from the experience. You loose the announcements, the easily recognizable count of posts since your last visit, and the recent threads list, which helps make the site more dynamic.

In short, my opinion is the current layout seems too cluttered, the huge banner on the left is not relevant enough to be on every single page, and the site is incredibly slow.

Author: apperraultLocation: Emeryville, CA PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I totally agree with Capi. This site is now PAINFULLY slow. it took over 30 seconds to bring up this reply message box. I love this site, and have received countless amounts of usefull information from this group. Please bring back much of what we loved. I understand the integration with Windows Security (another really good site) but do the banners and other stuff have to be on every page.

just my $0.02 worth

app

Author: SidLocation: Kansas PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject:
    ----
As everybody else has said...this site loads slow on HIGH speed internet, i cant imagine what its going to be like when i go home to a dial up connection

Author: ryansuttonLocation: San Francisco, California PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Since this seems the appropiate place for two cent coins...

I just want to agree with what has already been said, the large pane on the left makes the main content harder to read, and I'm using large monitors. I also don't like the ever changing/flashing advertisement on top but that is minute compared to the other issue.

On a brighter note, I like the new color scheme. Rolling Eyes

Author: EOS PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject:
    ----
PLEASE bring back the main homepage with the recent posts. I wouldn't be opposed to rolling it back to the way it originally was either (without the windowsecurity stuff).

Author: GroovicusLocation: Centerville, South Dakota PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject:
    ----
That's weird that everybody else is suffering from slow downloads.. It loads just as quickly as it always did for me. I wonder what the deal is there?

Author: ryansuttonLocation: San Francisco, California PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I just cleared my cache and loaded the SFDC home page, it took less than two seconds for me. I'm on cable.

Author: dustrho PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject:
    ----
It is slow, the Windows Security menu on the left is annoying to look at, and I've never been a fan of embedding forum software into a functional web page. I've always been a fan of having the forum software on its own page with little to no advertising. I liked the previous version MUCH better.

CHANGE IT BACK!!!

However, I do like the color scheme on this.

Networking/Security Forums -> Comments // Problems etc.

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :||:
Page 1 of 4